ABOUT THE LOCAL AREA AND ITS ATTRACTIONS
Encinitas is 25 miles north of downtown San Diego, and approximately 95 miles south of Los Angeles — a sweet spot that gives the town a Mediterranean climate that averages a daily high temperature of 72.
Swami’s, Cardiff Reef, Seaside, Beacon’s Beach and Moonlight State Park have put Encinitas on the international surfing map. Encinitas was recently named one of the “World’s 20 Best Surf Towns” by National Geographic, and was ranked third in the world for the same criterion by SURFER Magazine. From your new home, you’ll be within 5 blocks of one of those iconic surf spots, Beacon’s Beach.
Enjoy everything Encinitas has to offer, including charming cafes, grocery stores, neighborhood parks and restaurants, many within walking distance of home. The famed, 37-acre San Diego Botanic Garden, with its four miles of garden trails, is a must-visit attraction. And just down the road are the Self-Realization Fellowship and the iconic surfing beach that it overlooks, Swami’s Beach—both inspired the world famous yogi, Paramahansa Yogananda.
- Beacon’s Beach – 5 blocks
- Cal Pacific Orchid Farm – 0.8 miles
- Moonlight State Park – 1.5 miles
- Swami’s Beach – 2.6 miles
- Cardiff Reef – 5.1 miles
- Coffee Coffee – 0.7 miles
- Pannikin Coffee & Tea – 0.8 miles
- Encinitas Café – 1.7 miles
- Encinitas Coaster Station – 1.8 miles
- Self-Realization Fellowship – 2.3 miles
- San Diego Botanic Gardens – 2.6 miles
- Del Mar Horse Track – 8.5 miles
- San Diego Airport – 35 miles